ד' כסלו התשע"ז
Teacher Emissary Program
The WZO works to facilitate the presence of Israeli educators in Jewish schools around the world. These educators, in addition to discharging their professional responsibilities at the highest standard, also serve as personal examples for the students and strive to deepen the relationship between them and the State of Israel.
Who are the educators chosen to participate in the Morim shlichim program?
Those admitted into the program will:
- exhibit excellence in their pedagogic abilities
- possess interpersonal skills enabling them to connect effectively with those in their environment (students, parents, colleagues)
- have a Zionist vision and a commitment to promoting it within the school community
- believe in the importance of Hebrew as an instrument in connecting young Jews to their heritage, their people and the Jewish state
- have teaching certification and at least 3 years of experience in the field
What are the conditions of the shlichut?
- The shlichut is for a period of two years with an option for an extension for a third year if mutually agreed upon.
- In rare cases a request for an extension for a fourth year may be submitted and is subject to approval by the Ministry of Education.
- Teachers who are employees of the Ministry of Education will be placed on an unpaid leave of absence and return to work upon their return.
- There is a possibility for medical insurance for the emissary and his/her family to be facilitated by the WZO. The school will be required to make payment to the WZO for this insurance.
- The conditions of employment are negotiated between the educator and the school and covered entirely by the school
- The school covers the cost of the educator’s travel to and from Israel.
For further information and to submit a request for an educator:
Itzchack Shtiglitz, Executive Director of Teaching Emissaries Unit: firstname.lastname@example.org