א' ניסן התשע"ז
Tachles – to the Point!
- Hebrew has always brought Jewish people together, and is a maincomponent of Jewish identity and culture.
- One of the main objectives of the WZO is to promote the Hebrew language amongst diaspora communities, whilst strengthening Jewish identity, sense of Zionism and connection to the state of Israel.
- Taking into consideration the busy and dynamic modern way of life, we created a straightforward, quick and fun Hebrew makeover. We offer interactive conversational Hebrew classes in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. The course is designed mainly for students and young professional.
- Tachles was launched in New-York in 2013, and was imported and specially tailored to the British Jewish community by Nir Cohen, WZO’s Shalich and Liron Rosiner-Reshef, Director of Habayta -WZO’s Aliyah Promotion Unit.
- The first UK class was opened on the 6th of August 2013 in West Hampstead, London.
- Tachles offers classes on the following subjects: How to introduce yourself, getting directions, small talk, how to order in a restaurant, shopping and more.
- We do not teach Hebrew in the traditional Ulpan setting, with a focus on grammar rules, reading and writing. Instead, we give participants an instant vocabulary and allow them to interact with other participants and Israelis who also take part in the class. Tachles is suitable for participants with and without prior knowledge of Hebrew.
- We are planning to open more classes around the UK in various schools, universities, community centres, Jewish organisations and more.
- Classes will be run by members of the Israeli Salon. The Israeli Salon is a group of young professionals Israelis who are currently based in the UK, which was set by WZO’s Shaliach, Nir Cohen in 2012. We believe that this would be a great opportunity to bring together Israelis and Brits for informal get togethers while learning and practicing Hebrew.